Prognostics is the technology used to determine the useful or safe life remaining for a component determined by its condition.
The essential task of the prognostics processing is to add to the information that reliability analysis provides; that is the number of failures that are expected in an interval and the information about which components will fail and when they will fail in that interval. This additional data can then be used to direct the maintenance to where and when it is needed, providing the agility needed to meet Performance Based Availability or Total Support contracts.
The benefits of making full use of your prognostics capability are:
- Increasing availability to improve profitability.
- Reducing maintenance costs by increasing the agility and efficiency of the supply chain.
- Reducing maintenance costs by alleviating unnecessary maintenance.
- Increasing the Maintenance Free Operating Period.
- Achieving level scheduling.
- Increasing safety.
- Improving strategic planning decisions to optimise the network.
These benefits result in agile maintenance replacing phased maintenance - a new paradigm for asset management in MRO.
Using InsightAM Humaware support customers in determining the capability required in order to achieve the above aims. Contact Humaware to find out how we can help you to maximise your prognostics capability.